Friday, 27 July 2012

Languor

My college uni mates are all scattered to the four winds. Some are back in their hometown, others are enjoying their holidays abroad. Really envy those who are abroad - judging from the pics they'd taken, it seems that they are having a mighty good time. Speaking about friends, lately some old acquaintances got in touch with me. I thought they'd forgotten me for good, because I wasn't very close to them. So it came as a pleasant surprise. What is it that made them remember me? Hmmn ...

Credit: Hetemeel.com

Considered getting a part-time job, but I refuse to turn away this hard-earned rest (some other holidays, not now). Hence the languor. Stockpiled enough books back in March for times like this. I thought I didn't want to touch any books after my finals, but I just can't help it! :D I've been reading some detective stories and non-fiction as well as catching up on some movies that I'd missed. 

So yeah, that's about it - my first two weeks of semester break. Spent like that. London Summer Olympics opens today. Footballer David Beckham will play a role in the opening ceremony (so mysterious a role that people are still guessing what that role is). So far, a quiet affair this Olympics is, compared to the Beijing 2008 edition, but with so many controversies. Wonder how the whole thing will play out in the next three weeks. A gold for our country? Keeping my fingers crossed.
© Lumière
Maira Gall