Thursday, 11 November 2010

11/11/10

Yen Ping's absence was so profound today that two things happened: one, teachers lost a keen listener; two, friends turned to me to solve questions. 

Usually when she's around, teachers are more comfortable at sharing some news or insights with her and her friends, because she's a good audience and she gives appropriate replies. And when she's around, if anyone in the class has problem solving any question of any subject, they will go to her, like all roads lead to her. =)

With her absent today, teachers didn't teach, did their own work, or walked out altogether. As for me, I planned to kill off this Chemistry workbook of mine in school but failed, because I received so many questions from friends who requested my help in solving. Some questions were solvable, others tricky enough to fry my brain. Yet I enjoyed doing them, especially the Add Maths one, whose answer stunned me. 

Enough of me. Our little violinist strummed us a few sentimental melodies that left some girls' eyes brimming with tears. I just listened, praying that she won't play any note wrong or let her strings squeak. 

After recess we celebrated Xue Ren's birthday. Joey's too. Wonderful time we had!
© Lumière
Maira Gall