Wednesday, 22 June 2011

48 Hours?

The Star reported that there will be a water supply cut, starting from 8 am today to 8 am Friday.

What the HELL? Third time in June no water supply (in my neighbourhood) ! It lasted one day each for the previous two times. Now it will be two days? Scary man. 

The last time happened about two weeks ago. That was already the absolute worst, because we weren't informed of the water cut. At that very night, a water tanker came to distribute water in our neighbourhood. I helped my parents to take and store water from this tanker. 

The workers filled our buckets and pails to the brim. How generous!
It was fun because I've never done this before, but after some time my back, shoulders and arms pained from the strain. 

So maybe this time similar water tankers will come and dispense water. Maybe the water supply cut will happen at different times for different areas. 

At the moment there's still water supply at home, but that won't be long.

Let's hope for the best.
 
***

I devoted my entire afternoon to preparing for my last paper tomorrow. Practically combed through every page of my textbook, trying to make full sense of it. After reading five chapters, I understood better now. What my lecturer imparted actually came directly from the textbook.

Two more chapters to be digested. Oh wow.

© Lumière
Maira Gall