It was last year when I first found out about Adele (yes, the singer). I was in a darkened classroom, along with a dozen or so people, watching a video clip shot by my classmates. The accompanying song was "Rolling in the Deep" and oh my, it blew me away with Adele's powerful and rich vocals.
Adele's songs give me comfort whenever I listen to them, especially so when memories come creeping in uninvited. The lyrics to her songs are meaningful, because you can relate to the situations described therein. She's like a storyteller, weaving her past experiences into her songs and reeling you in like some big fish. Her life story is quite inspiring too. Do check it out when you have the time.
Although 2011 was said to be Adele's year, she was forced to cancel or postpone shows due to laryngitis and later, vocal cord haemorrhage.
Adele has recovered and is making a comeback at this year's Grammy Awards. It will be her first live performance after months of rest following her vocal cord surgery. I just can't wait to watch her sing again!
![]() |
| Pic source: The GRAMMYs Facebook Page. Do you notice the allusion to "Set Fire to the Rain"? xD |
