I just feel about things strongly and deeply.
I've started my second semester. Quite trying and rather tiring. Updates for my first week (or rather, first three days):
#1
I broke my own personal record on Tuesday morning when I woke up one hour later than my usual time. Even now I can't find the reason my alarm lagged behind one whole hour. Somehow I managed to get ready within ten minutes (amazing feat for me) and avoided the morning jam into the city.
#2
My timetable has been arranged in such a way that the lectures and tutorials are fixed about early morning and early afternoon, with a pretty wide gap in between the two serving as my torturously long break. Since this is my first week and the workload is light, the break really is a nuisance. However, I foresee that in the weeks to come I'll be grateful for it, because then the assignments will start flooding in.
#3
Around noon yesterday, I got my copy of our yearbook. It has black hardback covers, with "YEARBOOK 2011" in gold lettering on its front. Looks so royal in front. The back cover bears the information of our uni and department (less royal-looking, haha). I'm quite happy with the design, layout and typography in general, and the elegant covers are so much better than the previous yearbook's. The other good thing was I met some of my college mates from last year's. Really brightened up my day!
#4
Yesterday afternoon, the clubs and societies from our department held some sort of "fiesta" to attract new members. My friends and I literally pushed our way through the crowd in search of other friends. Somebody "accosted" me and asked, "Are you first year first sem[ester's] student?" To which I curtly replied "no" and stepped away. Like a boss! It wasn't my intention to join anything now, seeing as I'm going to be really busy in this short semester. I hate making hasty and half-hearted commitments. So sorry for being so rude, but still my answer is no.
#5
Bought two textbooks yesterday, one hundred ringgit each! The most expensive textbooks for me so far (previous record was eighty ringgit, thereabouts). One of them is like a small, handy manual; the other is thick and heavy like a traditional textbook. The only saving grace is the fact that both textbooks are going to be used for four subjects, this year's as well as next year's.
#6
Late last night I fired off a couple of emails to certain people in position of power in my university, highlighting some serious issues and hoping to raise some awareness. I received a quick, short and terse reply to one of the emails. That particular email was further forwarded to all staff (something I never anticipated - I thought it was to be a private conversation). I felt guilty, awkward, excited and a little proud. I'm not sure how I'm going to live that down.
This morning I checked my inbox and found a reply to my other email which to my relief was kept private and not forwarded like the other one was. I may have crossed certain boundaries in making such bold statements, so I won't be surprised if I face some sort of "prosecution" (though I suspect the possibility is quite low). What I did, I did it out of love, not anger. I really want things to be better.
Fortunately I don't have classes today. After delivering such a big wake-up call on Teachers' Day yesterday, I do need some time to cool off and compose myself.
Tomorrow, love me or hate me, bring it on!