Saturday, 6 October 2012

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles

I was flabbergasted when word reached me on Tuesday that my studies have gained ethical approval. I'd expected a "conditional approval", feared "conditional rejection" and outright "rejection" like everyone else as well as thought "approval" a remote possibility. Imagine my disbelief when my tutor didn't return my forms because they were approved (!?) and the lecturers saw it fit to submit them to MQA (short for Malaysian Qualifications Agency) for review!

At first it felt unreal. I should be happy or excited but no, I never had any of that. Instead, I was worried. Like, deeply. I knew I screwed up somewhere - I even had in mind certain improvements about the procedures. When I finally received a photocopy of the forms from my tutor, I felt even more worried (how can they not see the flaws?) because I need to proceed with the next step: conducting the studies! I'm a newbie in this! How to do it? #dilemma

Oh, well. I'll just have to take one step at a time and see how it goes.

Adele's theme for the upcoming James Bond movie, Skyfall has been released. It's so arresting, despite the rather schoolchildren-ish rhyming words in the lyrics. People are speculating whether or not the song will be as memorable/long-lasting as other famous Bond themes. I think it might attract the audience after they have watched the movie itself instead of before. Whether it will be big or not I'm not sure, but certainly it has won over the hearts of Adele's fans and critics alike.

Now ... if I were to bake something for the occasion of Skyfall's release (both theme and movie), I would name my baked goods as "Skyfall Crumble". It should taste "heavenly" if I baked it good. :P

© Lumière
Maira Gall