![]() |
| A mandatory post-writeup, pre-submission pic of my thesis |
Handed in my thesis last week and presented about my research this morning at our semester-ly (I don't know if there's such a word) colloquium. Was a bit perturbed by the fact that the only question I got during the Q & A session concerned future directions for research. I was actually expecting tougher questions than that, come on!
After colloquium (good riddance!), I went out with my friends to have lunch and catch a movie. I watched "Interstellar" with a friend, while the rest of them chose "Big Hero 6".
I have watched the trailer for "Interstellar" and seen the artistic rendering of black hole (really awesome). I admit that I was rather intrigued by the use of a poem in the trailer, so I wanted to find out how good it actually is. Suffice to say, "Interstellar" was another mind-blowing masterpiece. The downside of it was after a long day of presentations, my brain was a bit slower in processing the physics lingo in the movie. So many layers and textures! Thankfully it wasn't as difficult to comprehend as the director's previous work, "Inception". Or maybe that's because I've read "A Brief History of Time" over the summer break (so I was able to follow things like wormhole, black hole, gravity, relativity, etc). Excellent movie, I would say.
That's all for now. It's been a long day. Now that thesis is finally over, I can rest.
